Aubrey began coaching in 2008 with the Try Sports Triathlon Club, and transitioned into individual coaching shortly thereafter. Aubrey’s athletes over the years have spanned from those competing in The Ironman World Championships, to those aiming to complete their first Half Marathon, some coming back to sports from injury, and those running Ultra 100 mile races or stage races spanning multiple days, just to name a few. Aubrey’s approach to training is neither old-school or modern, he makes the appropriate use of both based upon the athlete before him. There are instances when an athlete needs a more rigid, science based approach with frequent physiologic testing and those that will need none of the above, there is not an either or. Based on your needs, Aubrey is equipped to get you to the next level, even as those needs evolve over time. Along with over a decade of experience coaching athletes, he has earned the following certifications: USA Triathlon Level II Coach, IRONMAN Certified Coach, U.S. Masters Swimming Level II Coach, USA Track and Field Level I Coach, USA Cycling Level III Coach, and W.I.T.S. Certified Personal Trainer.
In his own personal achievements Aubrey Aldy:
- Has competed in 20 Full Ironman distance events
- Holds overall wins in 5K, 10K, Half Marathon, Marathon, Sprint, Half, and Full distance Triathlon, and 50k Ultra
- 4th place overall finish in the 4-person team RAAM (Race Across America)
- Professional Triathlete 2013-2015
- Dog Dad to 3 wonderful rescue dogs